What Can I Do If I'm Concerned About
My Child's Development?

  1. Talk to your child's doctor.
    • Share your concerns with the doctor.
    • Ask about developmental screening.
  2. If you or the doctor is still concerned... call one of the programs that offers developmental evaluation and services:
    • For children from birth up to 3 years old:
      • Wisconsin Birth to 3 Program
      • www.b3wisconsin.org
      • Call Wisconsin First Step at 1-800-642-7837 and ask for your county's Birth to 3 contact information
    • For children from 3 years old to school age:
      • Early Childhood Program
      • Call the school district for your neighborhood and ask about evaluation for early childhood programming
  3. Learn about community resources that can help you support your child's development.

CDC Video Player.  Flash Player 9 is required.
CDC Video Player.
Flash Player 9 is required.

For more information, click here: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/concerned.html